COVID-19 Small Business Support Grant - Applications extended Until 30 June 2020
4 June 2020
The NSW Government has extended the Small Business Support Grant to ease the pressures on small business as a result of COVID-19. The funding aims to support the ongoing operations of small businesses highly impacted from the COVID-19 pandemic following the NSW Public Health Order of 31 March 2020.
Funds may only be used for unavoidable business expenses that are not supported by other government funding.
These expenses include, but are not limited to:
- council rates
- telecommunication charges
- insurance payments
- professional advice
- wages for an employee not eligible for JobKeeper payments
- franchise fees
- paying creditors, if your business is closing.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be based in NSW
- meet the small business guidelines
- be registered with an ABN as at 1 March 2020
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence) Where a small business does not submit a BAS to the ATO and meets all other criteria, the small business should contact Service NSW to discuss further. In these cases, an income tax declaration may be accepted as evidence of an annual turnover of $75,000.
- employ 1-19 full-time workers as at 1 March 2020
- be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- have been highly impacted by Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 effective on 30 March 2020
- have experienced at least 75% decline in turnover compared to the same two-week period in 2019, as a result of COVID-19 (for businesses that have been in operation for less than 12 months, refer to the guidelines)
- have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government financial assistance measures
If your business is not in one of the highly impacted industries (as listed in the guidelines) but you can demonstrate a significant disruption to your business resulting in a 75% reduction in turnover, you may be eligible for this grant. You will require a letter from your accountant confirming you meet a number of criteria.
Please note, If you are a sole trader and you do not employ staff, you are not eligible for this assistance but may be eligible for the Jobseeker or JobKeeper Payment programs.
How to apply
- Gather all your documentation and evidence and have it ready for uploading. You cannot save and resume your application once you have started.
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select 'Continue with application'.
- Enter the required information and upload any supporting documents.
- Enter your insurance details (if applicable).
- Enter your bank details.
- Review your application.
- Check the Declaration boxes.
- You'll be sent a confirmation email.
- If additional information to support your claim is required, you'll be notified.
After your application is received it will be reviewed. If your application is approved, payment will be transferred within 3–5 business days from the date of approval.
Applications will be open until 30 June 2020.
If you're not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88.
Applicants may be subject to audit by the NSW Government or its representatives.
For more information or to apply for the grant, please click here.
Please contact your local Boyce accountant if you require more information.
Sourced from service.nsw.gov.au