Boyce Financial Services and any entity within the Boyce Chartered Accountants Group (together “Boyce Financial Services”) are committed to protecting your privacy and handling personal, sensitive and special categories of information in an open and transparent way.
- Please note that if at any time Boyce Financial Services is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, Boyce Financial Services must cooperate fully.
- Collection of personal information
Boyce Financial Services collects and holds personal information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals. We collect and hold this information when it is necessary for business purposes.
The main types of information collected and held by Boyce Financial Services relates to the contact details and organisation roles of our clients, suppliers and other business contacts. Typically this information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and job titles.
As a provider of financial planning services, Boyce Financial Services and its Representatives are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you and or contains personal and sensitive information or an opinion about you.
The types of special categories of personal and sensitive information that we may collect includes but is not limited to:
- details of your financial needs and objectives
- details of your current financial circumstances, including your assets and liabilities, income, expenditure, insurance cover
- details of your investment preferences and aversion or tolerance to risk
- details of your tax file number and credit information
- information about your employment circumstances and history, family commitments and social security eligibility
- health information (for insurance purposes), and
- information regarding racial or ethnic origins.
In some instances it may be necessary to collect personal, sensitive and special categories of information from clients that relates to their employees, members, customers, third parties, their spouse and dependants to provide professional services. In those circumstances we rely on clients to only provide us with information that they have handled in accordance with the Privacy Act, including obtaining any necessary consent for Boyce Financial Services to collect, use and disclose that information.
Failure to provide the personal and sensitive information referred to above may expose you to higher risks with respect to the recommendations made to you and may affect the adequacy or appropriateness of advice or financial service we give to you.
We collect most information directly from individuals when we deal with them. The personal information collected may be provided in forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, email messages or telephone conversations. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
- How we may use your personal information
The main purposes for which Boyce Financial Services collect, hold and use personal information are:
- To provide professional financial planning advice and services to our clients;
- To make investment and insurance product recommendations to our clients;
- To implement recommendations made to our clients;
- To respond to individual requests made by our clients;
- To maintain contact with clients;
- To keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments or legislative changes that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we may be holding;
- For general management and reporting purposes such as invoicing and account management;
- For recruitment purposes;
- For purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to them; and
- Other purposes related to our business.
Boyce Financial Services also uses your personal information to send you information (either by email or post) that you request. You may elect at any time to no longer receive such information by writing to the Privacy Officer, Boyce Financial Services PO Box 56 Cooma NSW 2630 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing or resource information from us by email.
- Disclosure of personal information
Boyce Financial Services does not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- Use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- We believe it is necessary to provide you with a service or product which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a client of Boyce Financial Services or the interests of Boyce Financial Services;
- Some or all of the assets or operations of Boyce Financial Services may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Boyce Financial Services’ business, in which case permission would be sought from all of our clients to pass on any information;
- You give your consent; or
- Such disclosure is otherwise required or permitted by law, regulation, rule or professional standard.
Boyce Financial Services may also share non-personal, non-identifiable and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy we do not sell or trade personal information with third parties.
As part of the provision of our services and business operations it may be necessary to allow individuals or organisations outside of Boyce Financial Services access to personal information held by us. This may include, but is not limited to, independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, information technology providers, event managers, credit managers and debt collecting agencies. We require our service providers to adhere to our privacy guidelines and not to keep, use or disclose personal information we provide to them for any unauthorised purposes.
- Privacy on our websites and applications
In order to properly manage our websites and applications we may log certain statistics about users of the facilities, for example software versions used, device identifiers (IP address), location data, dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity such as links clicked. This information does not specifically identify an individual and is used solely to ensure our website and applications present the best possible navigational experience for users.
- Security of personal information
We implement a range of measures to protect the security of your personal information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer required for any business or legal purpose.
Boyce Financial Services may also use overseas facilities or contractors to provide certain services to us. As a result, we may at times be required to transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities or contractors for these purposes. However, any such transfer of information would only be done with your permission and does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy and the information remains subject to existing confidentiality obligations.
- Procedures for access, correction and feedback
We will provide access to personal information upon request by an individual except in limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information, for example where granting access would infringe another person’s privacy.
If you make a request to access personal information we may require that you provide some form of identification such as a driver’s licence or passport so that we can verity that you are the person to whom the information relates.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us by writing to: The Privacy Officer, Boyce Financial Services, PO Box 56, Cooma NSW 2630, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
Privacy | Quality Control Officer
Boyce Financial Services
P: 02 6452 3344
Additional Privacy Information
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
Updated 4 November 2014